940-0351-001 – TPA-100B – TCAS PROCESSOR
- 6MCU or 4MCU form TCAS Processor Traffic Computer used in the CAS-100B TCAS/ACAS II system.
- Change 7.1 functionality.
- ADS-B in capabilities.
- Easy to upgrade existing TCAS systems.
- Builds on the functionality of the CAS-100A System by adding RTCA DO-1858 (Change 7.1), Airborne Traffic Situational Awareness (ATSAW) and RTCA DO-300 (hybrid surveillance) functionality as software only updates.
- Meeting the requirements for an ACAS II system as defined in RTCA DO-185B, the current capabilities include:
- Traffic Information: TCAS interfaces with the aircraft display system to provide visual indications of intruder aircraft. This information includes intruder altitude, bearing, range & threat level.
- Collision Avoidance: TCAS utilizes collision avoidance algorithms as defined in DO-185B to provide resolution advisory commands in the vertical plane.
- Active Surveillance: Using RF interrogations at 1030 MHz, the TCAS is capable of actively tracking other Mode C and Mode S equipped aircraft out to 80 to 100 nm.
- In addition to standard TCAS functions, the CAS-100B will be software upgradeable to incorporate ADS-B. In functionality above the standard ACAS II System including:
- Passive Surveillance – CAS-100B has the ability to receive and process ADS-B squitters at 1090 MHz that are transmitted from other aircraft. The information received and processed from the DS-B squitters includes aircraft identification, aircraft position and aircraft velocity. The range for passive surveillance is greater than 100 nm.
- Hybrid Surveillance: TCAS utilizes the algorithms defined in DO-300 to enable the use of intruder data received using passive surveillance. This surveillance technique provides greater intruder situational awareness and enables TCAS to reduce its active interrogation by using position information received passively via ADS-B.
- ADS-B in applications.
- Easy upgrade from current Honeywell TCAS II Systems.
- Upgrade from CAS-81A TCAS II is virtually plug-and-play replacement.
- Upgrade from CAS-67-A System requires the replacement of the mounting tray and connectors, as well as the installation of ANT-81A Directional Antenna(s) in place of the ANT-67A.