TWR-850/WXR-840 – HF R/T
Overview Unprecedented radar performance is now available with the Rockwell Collins TWR-850/ WXR-840/WXR-800 Weather Radar Systems. State-of-the-art electronic and computer technologies provide operational convenience and features previously available only to large air transport aircraft. Now, the small size and light weight of the TWR-850/WXR-840/WXR-800 make these radars the choice for the rest of the turbine-powered fleet. In addition, the solid-state transmitter improves reliability and eliminates one of the most troublesome components of conventional weather radar, the magnetron vacuum tube. The TWR-850 not only detects precipitation, but the accompanying turbulence by using Doppler frequency shift. This technological advancement derives from the availability of transmitters with extremely high-frequency stability and powerful digital signal processing capabilities. Key Features & Benefits
- Faster, better quality weather analysis: Uses advanced Doppler-based turbulence and weather detection.
- Higher reliability: Solid-state transmitter provides no magnetron burnout and allows optimum pulse width for all ranges and modes.
- Optimization: Supersensitive coherent receiver architecture with bandwidth optimized for each transmitter pulse width.
- Virtually eliminates personnel radiation hazard of conventional radars
- Enhanced weather returns: Ground clutter suppression mode enhances weather returns by minimizing ground returns using Doppler processing.
- Enhanced capabilities: Dual control capability gives independently selectable range, mode and tilt for pilot and copilot.
- Reduced pilot workload: Auto-tilt automatically readjusts antenna tilt after a range or altitude change.
- Clear weather picture at all times: Automatic picture rotation capable during aircraft turns means no waiting for a scan update.
- Storm alert: Path Attenuation and Correction accurately displays weather behind intervening storms and warns of attenuated areas (radar shadow).
- Prolific pictures: Sector scan provides rapid picture updates by reducing scan angle to ± 30°.