965-0976-003-212-212 EGPWS COMPUTER
Designed for aircraft equipped with digital avionics, the Mark V enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS) exceeds Class A terrain awareness and warning system (TAWS) requirements and provides protection against controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) and windshear.
The Mark V accepts a variety of aircraft parameters as inputs, applying proprietary alerting algorithms to provide the flight crew with aural alert messages, visual annunciations and terrain display of terrain or obstacles in the flight path.
- Honeywell’s reactive wind shear alerting provides visual and aural warnings of impending wind shear.
- The geometric altitude algorithm overcomes barometric altimetry limitations, like cold weather operations.
- Honeywell’s peaks display depicts the highest and lowest elevation terrain within the display range at any altitude, when most TAWS displays would be blank, which can be useful in the event of an unplanned descent.
- The runway field clearance floor (RFCF) feature provides protection against inadvertent landings below airport runway thresholds at airports that are much higher than surrounding terrain.
- The vertical situation display (VSD) provides altitude awareness in relation to the terrain, as well as an aircraft trend vector.
- Our radar autotilt feature allows the EGPWS to provide terrain elevation data to compatible radars for controlling the tilt of the radar antenna during its scan.
- The Mark V also hosts SmartRunway and SmartLanding functions to enable protection against runway incursions and excursions.
- Using envelope modulation, Honeywell’s Mark V reduces the rate of nuisance alarms to increase pilot confidence.
- The Mark V has auto pop-up to change from radar to terrain display in the event of a terrain alert, reducing pilot workload during this critical time.
- The Mark V features altitude callouts of height above terrain or field elevation during final approach.